Fashion is a huge industry, every day new manufacturing units open making it difficult for us to choose the right one for our business. If you are looking for a 100% organic clothing manufacturer, then here is a quick pro and cons list that you can refer to for choosing the right one for your business.
- You have the creative freedom to produce the type and category of clothing that you want.
- You are able to build a brand image.
- You have more control over marketing.
- You have to bulk buy items.
- You increase your risk.
- You need to make an upfront investment
Finding the right manufacturer is tough. Few manufacturers are easy to find online, few good ones even have proper websites. Here are a few tips:
- Ask around. If you have contacts in the industry, find out who their sustainable clothing manufacturers are.
- Speak to your suppliers (if you have any.) You may have already sourced some fabrics, materials, or services, so ask those contacts if they have any recommendations for eco-friendly garments manufacturers.
- Online searches: Online searches may be a little difficult, there may be so many to sort from. But you can filter different categories like children’s clothing manufacturers
- Other industry sources: trade magazines, websites, tradeshows, etc… tend to have information on manufacturing. You need to be a detective here, but sometimes it can be worth it. Again you can filter your category to women wear export house for example for better results.